PROFILE OF VICTOR BORCHERS
- BA (Theology) Rhodes University, Grahamstown
- MA (Coaching) Middlesex University, London
- Currently registered for a PhD on Culture and Corporate Values
- Masters in Professional Coaching, I-Coach Academy, London/New York/Cape Town
- Member of COMENSA (Coaching and Mentoring, South Africa)
- He is a seasoned businessman and an experienced entrepreneur
- He is an accredited Master Business Coach with both professional and academic underpinning
- He understands business, because he has been there
- He has an effective approach and coaching methodology proven in numerous businesses and sectors in South Africa
- He has also coached in the USA, London, Edinburgh, Hong Kong and Japan
- Ecclesiastical: After graduating at Rhodes University, Victor served first as a Methodist Minister in Pretoria and Rustenburg then as Chaplain of the Free Churches at the Military Academy, Saldanha.
- Business: In 1972 he entered the business sphere and later built, from inception, his own motor group into a R90 million organization. In 1984, and again in 1985, he was judged one of Ford Businessmen of the Year.
- Acting as Chairman of the Gazankulu Development Corporation he helped transform a loss-making Parastatal comprising commercial, industrial, mining and farming enterprise into what was claimed to be the best and most profitable development corporation at that time. For ten years he served on the Provincial Board of ABSA Bank and was made Chairman of the highly successful Gazankulu Finance Company.
- Politics: He successfully campaigned in numerous elections and was made Mayor of Tzaneen and later became a Member of Parliament then Leader of the Opposition in the Northern Transvaal Legislature.
- Career Coaching and Placement of Executives: After leaving politics and selling his businesses in 1998 he became associated with Deloitte and Touche Executive Placements and was instrumental in the selection and placement of executives on a national and global basis. This later became Executive Partners of which he was a founding director
- Executive Coaching: In 2004, Victor opened his coaching practice under the name of Executive Coaching. He has coached executives, entrepreneurs and professionals in various sectors in South Africa, Chicago, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Edinburgh. He has listed companies and other organizations as clients and is able to draw on qualified and accredited coaches to assist him when necessary.