Dates Coached: 2004 – 2014
Experience of the Coaching Intervention
Victor Borchers is the epitome of a highly passionate Master Coach and I have had the enormous privilege of having been tutored by Victor for ten very exciting years. Victor’s intense commitment and his stern belief in his personal BHAG (big hairy audacious goal) has resulted in me benefitting from his mature experience and fine teachings; which are beyond compare.
I worked with Victor, first when I was the Front of House Manager at Royal Malewane Private Game Reserve, and now in my current position as General Manager at La Residence Hotel. Victor certainly has unparalleled insight and an amazing gift in his field and I have appreciated and certainly benefitted from being a ‘hungry’ student of his for the last decade.
Victor is a supreme master at coaching – he has proved himself as a great asset to our team and most definitely me. Victor’s professionalism and knowledge are what we all hope for as we continuously strive to go from ‘good to great’ with his help and guidance along the way – Victor accomplishes what many offer but cannot produce.
Our accolades to date: https://www.theroyalportfolio.com/la-residence/awards/
- Number 1 Hotel in the World – Conde Nasté Traveler Readers choice awards 2013
- Favourite hotel in the world, runner up – Telegraph Awards 2011
- Best Hotel in Africa – Ultra Travel Award 2010
- 101 Best Hotels in the World- Tatler Travel Guide (UK) 2010
- Best new sensation in the world – Tatler (UK) 2009
- 100 Ultimate Escapes – Luxury Resorts – Robb Report 2008
- The 65 Hot Hotels and best new places in the world to stay – Conde Nast Traveller (UK) 2008
- The World’s Top New Hotels – Conde Nast Traveler (USA) 2008
The following is a quick selection of the work that Victor Borchers has recently been involved in:
- He has helped guide Executives in the local South African Research Surveys – now TNS, part of the largest Market Research Organizations in the world- through many changes and is currently busy helping the three branches in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban to develop their Strategic Intent for future activity
- He has helped build Mac Bros from a minor investment of R1 million into one of the three most important Manufactures and Suppliers of Kitchen Equipment in the RSA – they have just sold off a portion of their shares to a listed Company for a great deal more than the original investment!
- The Royal Portfolio has been another area of significant development and success. This Group of three private hotels has established its impact on luxury hospitality and has become (into) a world-renowned Group with one of the hotels currently holding the 2013 Conde Nast Best Hotel in the World
- Victor Borchers is currently also entrusted with the creation of Organizational Culture and Strategic Intent in the large Retail Group and Property Owners on the North Coast of KZN viz Dolphin Coast Retailers and Ballito Lifestyle Centre.
- He has helped reshape and guide the successful Natspur Group of Durban Restaurants and has guided their Augusta Spur into becoming the most successful (judged from Turnover and Net Profit) in the Spur Corporation which has an International footprint.